Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins for a filling and sweet treat!
Fancy yourself a nice tasty muffin but you can’t convince yourself to cheat on your diet or eat one of those sugar ladened monstrosities from the shops? Try one of these healthy and natural muffins instead!
These muffins are easy to make with all the ingredients probably already being in your cupboards. If you are looking for other healthy and tasty try some of these recipes!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt (pinch)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup milk (non-dairy work as well)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mash the bananas into a mushy consistency
- In the bowl mix the wet ingredients together: add peanut butter, honey, Greek yoghurt, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Once both the dry and wet ingredients have been mixed, combine them into one bowl.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases
- Pour the mixture into the tin
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Top muffins with chosen toppings (one I use below!) such as peanut butter or chocolate!
Fancy trying something different on top of your muffins? Try this peanut butter drizzle!
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl
- Mix them all together, stirring until even
- Top muffins with the peanut butter drizzle
These muffins are brilliant as a healthy snack for at home or on the go! They taste amazing and are easy to make. They can also be customised by adding other tasty treats to the mix like chocolate chips!
Comment below or hit me up on social media with your creations!