2-Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies
Everyone loves a good cookie but it’s very difficult to find one which is healthy or fits your macros. Most cookies on the shelves are packed full of sugar and trans fats with a single one packing more than 100 calories!
Instead of these sugar-packed cookies try a healthy and natural alternative. These Banana bread cookies taste amazing, are quick to make and only require 2 ingredients! Try to give these a go next time your craving something sweet.
Also, try some of these other great healthy recipes!
What’s great about this recipe is you probably already have the ingredients lying around!
So what are the ingredients you need for these delicious banana bread cookies? Well, you guessed it, one of them is a banana! The other is steel cut rolled oats.
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats (90 grammes)
Preparing these cookies is just as easy as picking out the ingredients!
- Peel both the bananas and place in a bowl
- Using a fork, mash the bananas up into a puree
- Add the cup of oats to the banana puree
- Stir until all mixed and an even consistency
This mix can then be used immediately or stored for later
Now, this is probably the easiest step of all but can get a bit messy!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper
- Spray the baking paper with cooking spray
- Using the mix, mould cookies of chosen size
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes
There are loads of different combinations you can throw together to make these cookies even better!
Throw some of these into the mix prior to baking:
- Cinnamon and raisin
- Chocolate chips
- Nut butter
- Low calorie or zero calorie flavourings/syrups (Flavdrops)
If you are super adventurous you can actually stuff them with peanut butter or Nutella!
Obviously the macros for these will dependant on what extras you add and how many cookies you bake! The macros below are per cookie assuming the recipes makes 6:
- Protein – 2g
- Carbohydrates – 15g
- Fats – 1g
For success, attitude is equally as important as ability – Walter Scott
Comment below or hit me up on social media with your creations!