The simplest and quickest protein recipe to date!
So today I’m going to be giving you another great recipe for a protein-packed snack but this time, you can take it on the go to! Do you ever wish you had something to give you that quick protein hit in the middle of the day or a cheap alternative to expensive protein bars with terrible macros which taste a little like cardboard? well, look no further for today I have the solution!
Protein-packed truffles! these basically taste like candy, are super quick to make and are absolutely not hassle. The best part? you can take them with you wherever you go!
now-prewarning… these can be made in pretty much any way you want and is entirely up to personal preference whether it’s the flavour of protein, the nut butter or any other toppings or ingredients you fancy on adding!
- 1 scoop of protein powder (about 25 grams and the flavour is up to you!)
- 100 grams nut butter (your choice, I use smooth peanut butter)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey (this is to personal preference on sweetness)
Okay so now for the actual method behind the madness. Some nut butters are a lot softer than others. If you have a rather tough one just pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you get a nice soft consistency.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until even
- Take some of the mixture and roll into balls of the desired size
- Place in a container and put in the refrigerator
- let cool for a few hours before serving
Alright so here is where your personal preference comes in and you get to become all wacky and let your wild side out. There are multiple substances you can put into the mixture as well as numerous delights you can roll them in prior to refrigeration!
- cocoa powder
- shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Cocoa nibs
- Matcha powder
- Melted chocolate and sprinkles (either dip or drizzle!)
- Protein powder? (not so sure about this one but whatever floats your boat….)
- Sea salt
- Flaxseed powder
- espresso powder
- Other dried fruit
One thing to note is that different protein powders have different levels of dryness and form a different consistency when making these truffles. If you do happen to run into such a problem then just add more protein powder if too runny or a little bit of milk if too dry.
Lastly, I would love to see your wild and wacky creations so please don’t hesitate to comment or send me pictures with them. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two and ill be making your protein truffles next time!
One should eat to live, not live to eat – Moliere